“Step into a winter wonderland and join us on an enchanting journey to explore the picturesque locations that brought the beloved Netflix series, ‘Destined at Christmas‘, to life. From quaint cobblestone streets adorned with twinkling lights, to breathtaking snow-capped mountains and cozy cabins nestled in the woods – we’ll take you on a behind-the-scenes tour of the most magical spots featured in this heartwarming holiday production. So grab your hot cocoa, bundle up, and let’s discover the real-life fairy tale settings of ‘Destined at Christmas’!”
What is Destined at Christmas?
Christmas is a time of celebration and merriment. For many, this holiday signifies the end of a hard year, and the arrival of new beginnings. For filmmakers, Christmas is a time to shoot some classic family films. Here are five locations that have been used for Destined at Christmas filming over the years:
1) The North Pole – This iconic location has been used in several movies based on traditional Christmas stories, including A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965), Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964), The Polar Express (2004), and Arthur Christmas (2011).
2) The Village Green – This public park in Wilmington, Ohio was also used for scenes from The Santa Clause (1994).
3) The White House – This iconic location was featured in Elf (2003), Frosty the Snowman (1972), and Miracle on 34th Street (1947).
4) Christmastown – This small town in Muskegon County, Michigan was used for scenes from Home Alone 3: Lost In New York (1995).
5) Old Scrooge’s Mine – This location in Prescott Valley, Arizona was used for scenes from A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas (2011).
Where was Destined at Christmas filmed?
“Discovering the Magical Locations of Destined at Christmas Filming”
In November, 2006, the cast and crew of “Destined at Christmas” headed to various locations in Southern California to film scenes for the holiday movie. The movie follows the story of a young girl who is sent to live with her grand parents during Christmas while her parents are away on business. The girl is excited to spend the holiday with her grandparents, but soon discovers that they are mysterious strangers who have secrets of their own.
To prepare for filming in Los Angeles, director Michael Dougherty and his team traveled to Santa Clarita and Valencia counties, where they shot some scenes near Canyon Country and Palmdale. In addition, the movie filmed in downtown LA at L.A.’s historic Pershing Square. And finally, scenes were also shot in Sacramento and Stockton.
Below are four images from “Destined at Christmas” that were filmed in Southern California: a scene set at Canyon Country’s Skyline Drive; downtown Los Angeles; L.A.’s Pershing Square; and Sacremento’s State Capitol Building.”
What to Expect while Filming in Destined at Christmas Locations
If you’re looking for some magical locations to film Destined at Christmas, you’ve come to the right place! Here are five of our favorites:
1. The North Pole – This is one of the most popular filming destinations, and for good reason – it’s absolutely beautiful at Christmastime. Bring your camera and prepare to be wowed by the stunning red and green trees, the snowy peaks in the background, and Santa himself if he’s available!
2. Angel Island – If you’re looking for a location that is both serene and steeped in history, angel island is perfect. The island has been used for filming since the 1920s, and has been featured in many classic Hollywood movies including For Whom The Bell Tolls and Temple of Doom. Today, visitors can explore the natural beauty of angel island or take a walk down memory lane watching old movie clips filmed onsite!
3. San Francisco Bay Area – If you’re looking for a picturesque setting with plenty of holiday spirit, look no further than the Bay Area! From Napa Valley to Silicon Valley to downtown San Francisco itself, there’s no shortage of beautiful places to film during Destined at Christmas. And don’t forget about Golden Gate Bridge – it looks especially festive lit up in colorful lights during Advent season!
4. Newport Beach – Another Southern California spot that looks particularly festive during Destined at Christmas is Newport Beach. From manicured streets lined with palm trees to
If you’re looking to add a little excitement and magic to your Christmas preparations, be sure to check out the locations where movies like “Destined” are being filmed. From cozy townsfolk scenes in upstate New York, to snow-covered California mountain ranges, these special spots will remind you that Santa is coming to town after all!