The process of deleting your WhatsApp chats, while it might seem convenient at the time, can actually be a little bit more complex than you might think. In this article, we’ll go over how to backup and restore WhatsApp chats in order to keep your history intact, no matter what happens.
Why backup WhatsApp Chat
WhatsApp is a popular messaging app with over one billion active users. Like other messaging apps, WhatsApp messages are stored on the device in which they were sent or received. This means that if your phone falls into the wrong hands, an attacker could access your private messages. Additionally, if your phone is lost or damaged, you may want to restore your chat history.
To backup and restore WhatsApp messages:
1) Open WhatsApp on your phone and sign in (if you haven’t done so already).
2) Tap on the three lines at the top of the screen.
3) Under “Settings,” tap on “Chat.”
4) Under “Chat Backup,” tap on “Back up now.”
5) Under “Chat Restore,” tap on “Restore now.”
6) Tap on “Back up now.” Your chat history will be backed up to your phone’s internal storage.
7) To restore your chat history, open WhatsApp and sign in. Under “Settings,” tap on “Chat.” Under “Chat Restore,” tap on “Restore now.” Your conversations will be restored from your phone’s internal storage.
How to Backup and Restore WhatsApp Chat
WhatsApp users should always backup their chat messages in case something unexpected happens. This way, they can easily restore chats if something goes wrong. Here are the steps to backup and restore WhatsApp chat messages:
To backup your chat messages: 1) open WhatsApp and click on the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen (Figure A).
2) Select Settings from the menu that pops up (Figure B).
3) Under Chat Backup, select whether you want to create a new backup or append an existing one (Figure C).
4) To restore a chat message: 1) open WhatsApp and click on the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen.
2) Select Settings from the menu that pops up.
3) Under Chat Restore, select whether you want to copy an existing chat message or create a new one. If you copied an existing chat message, select where you want to put it after restoring it (Figure D). If you’re creating a new chat message, enter its contents (Figure E).
What Happens to the Data in Your Backup?
WhatsApp stores all its chat messages in a database, which means that if your phone is damaged or lost, you can restore the chats by downloading the database and importing it onto a new phone. Once you have imported the files, WhatsApp will recreate all the conversations for you.
However, there is one important caveat: WhatsApp doesn’t keep track of who sent whom messages. So if you want to be sure that all your chats are restored, you’ll need to go through each message and match up senders with recipients.
How to Restore a Backup of WhatsApp Messages
If you have ever encountered a situation where you needed to restore your WhatsApp messages from a backup, this guide will help. Before you can restore your messages, you first need to make a backup. To make a backup of your WhatsApp conversations, follow these steps: 1) Open WhatsApp on your device. 2) Tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen. 3) Select Settings > Backup & Reset > Back Up Now. 4) On the next screen, select Messages and tap on Add Chat. 5) Enter your contact’s name and tap on Add. 6) Select all of the conversation(s) that you want to back up and tap on Back Up Now. 7) Once the backup is complete, return to Settings > Backup & Reset > Back Up Now and select Done. If you find that you cannot access or recover any of your messages after making a backup, please check out our FAQ section for more information about restoring WhatsApp chats.
If you’re like most people, you use WhatsApp to communicate with your friends and family. Sometimes things get a bit too heated and you want to be sure that all of your messages are saved for posterity. Thankfully, this process is easy to do. In this article, we will show you how to backup and restore WhatsApp chat messages. We hope that this guide has helped you save some important chats for future reference!