If you’re looking for an amazing way to spend your weekend, look no further than the beautiful waterways of London! The city is full of rivers, canals, and lakes that offer a scenic ride for all types of boaters – from kayakers to fishing enthusiasts. Here are a few tips on how to get out on the water around London this weekend.
Benefits of Getting Out On The Water
The benefits of getting out on the water around London are myriad. Not only will you enjoy a beautiful day out in the sun, but you’ll also get some exercise, improve your hand-eye coordination, and learn about marine life. Here are five great ways to spend your day out on the Thames:
1. Kayak or canoe down the river. The River Thames is navigable for kayakers and canoes from Putney to Teddington and up to Twickenham; alternatively, hire a boat from one of the many companies along the river.
2. Tour a historical shipyard. Greenwich, Woolwich Arsenal, Chatham Dockyard, and other historic shipyards offer tours that give insight into how ships are built and repaired.
3. Visit a botanical garden. Kew Gardens is perhaps London’s most popular botanical garden; it has more than 12 million plants, ranging from exotic Orchids to common daisies. Other nearby gardens include Chelsea Physic Garden and Richmond Park’s Royal Botanic Gardens (which have both been recently reopened after extensive refurbishment).
4. Cycle or walk around Tower Bridge or St Paul’s Cathedral. Both attractions are well worth a visit for tourists or locals alike; cyclists can take advantage of the numerous cycle paths throughout Central London while pedestrians can admire some of England’s finest architecture from close up.
5. Birdwatch at Kew Gardens or Richmond Park.
How To Get Out On The Water Around London
If you’re looking for a way to get out on the water around London, there are plenty of options available. You could try renting a boat or hiring a canoe or kayak from one of the many rental companies around town. Alternatively, you could take a walk along the Thames River and explore the different areas that are located along its banks. If you’re feeling more ambitious, you could take a trip down the River Thames itself.
What Can You Do While Out On The Water?
If you’re looking to enjoy the great outdoors while in London, there are plenty of activities and places to visit on or near the water. Here are a few ideas:
-Take a boat trip: There are plenty of companies that offer cruises around the city – either on the river itself or nearby waterways.
-Explore an island: Canary Wharf has several islands accessible by foot or bike, perfect for a leisurely day out.
-Kayak around central London: Renting kayaks from a company like Kayak London is a great way to explore some of London’s most iconic sights and hidden waterways – without having to worry about traffic!
-Float down the River Thames: If you have your own equipment, it’s also possible to float down the Thames from Oxford or Henley-on-Thames all the way down to Teddington Lock.
Where to Go Around London
If you love spending time on the water, London has plenty of options for you. You can kayak or canoe in the Thames River, take a boat ride around Greenwich Park, go fishing in Hammersmith and Fulham, or even take a spin on the London Eye. For a more leisurely experience, check out one of London’s many public swimming pools. And if you want to venture out onto the open sea, consider visiting Brighton or Portsmouth.